A 21- year- old Virginia Tech student named Samanata Shrestha was killed by a fellow student. Her body was found on Feb. 10 by the police. Here are some facts of her death.
1. Police found Shrestha’s body in her black 2004 Mercedes on Monday morning in Montgomery County.
2. Jessica Michelle Ewing, 22, a fellow student at Virgina Tech has been charged with second- degree murder.
3. Charges were also filed against Keifer Kyle Brown, 23, who is a recent graduate of the same university. Court records say he is charged with accessory after the fact.
4. While police have not released details of the murder, or the motive, Shrestha’s uncle Ram Kharel “confirmed that there were small marks on her throat so that means that she was suffocated.”
5. Samanata Shrestha, grew up in Vienna and attended James Madison High School. She is Nepali by origin.
6. At Virginia Tech, she was a honors student and a biology major and had recently been accepted to Medical School.
7. Shrestha’s older sister Manisha Shrestha was killed in December, 2008 in a motorcycle accident in Kathmandu, Nepal.
7. Ewing and Brown’s are scheduled to appear in court on April 17 at 2 p.m. in the Montgomery County General District Court. They are being held without bail.
This article will be updated as more facts emerge